Trying to find the perfect quotes about France? I’ve compiled the last word record of the best quotes ever spoken in regards to the European nation which might be assured to encourage and enchant.
Timeless, elegant and endlessly delighting, France continues to be a world class vacation spot tens of tens of millions of holiday makers annually flock to.
There’s countless inspiration to be discovered within the cobblestone streets of Paris, the lavender fields of Provence, the trendy seafront locales of the French Riviera and the mountain peaks of the Alps – and in all places in between.
Because of this, we now have been gifted with a number of the most memorable quotes about France to get pleasure from.
These 91 quotes are a number of the finest France quotes that stir the senses and convey the fantastic thing about the European vacation spot to the reader.
The Finest Quotes About France
Some quotes about France actually simply sum up this unbelievable European nation and transport you proper there. These are the perfect of the perfect quotes about France from a number of the biggest wordsmiths in historical past.
1) “In case you are fortunate sufficient to have lived in Paris as a younger man, then wherever you go for the remainder of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.” – Ernest Hemingway
2) “I needed to get distant from those that believed in cruelty, so then I went to France, a land of true freedom, democracy, equality and fraternity.” – Josephine Baker
3) “Different nations drink to get drunk, and that is accepted by everybody; in France, drunkenness is a consequence, by no means an intention. A drink is felt because the spinning out of a pleasure, not as the mandatory explanation for an impact which is sought: wine is just not solely a philtre, it is usually the leisurely act of consuming.” – Roland Barthes
4) “In France you can not not have lunch. For those who stopped the French from having lunch, you should have a second revolution, I can inform you this. Not going to work – it’s a part of the French privilege.” Christian Louboutin
5) “I don’t imagine there may be one other metropolis on earth so lovely as Paris nor one other individuals with such an appreciation of the gorgeous because the French…” – Edward Hopper
6) “You’ll be able to’t escape the previous in Paris, and but what’s so fantastic about it’s that the previous and current intermingle so intangibly that it doesn’t appear to burden.” – Allen Ginsberg
7) “I believe Paris smells not simply candy however melancholy and curious, generally unhappy however all the time attractive and seductive. She’s a metropolis for the all senses, for artists and writers and musicians and dreamers, for fantasies, for lengthy walks and wine and lovers and, sure, for mysteries.” – M.J. Rose
8) “I simply love France, I like French individuals, I like the French language, I like French meals. I like their mentality. I simply really feel prefer it’s me. I’m very French.” – Olga Kurylenko
9) “I had come to the conclusion that I need to actually be French, solely nobody had ever knowledgeable me of this truth. I beloved the individuals, the meals, the lay of the land, the civilized ambiance, and the beneficiant tempo of life.” – Julia Youngster
10) “What an immense impression Paris made upon me. It’s the most extraordinary place on the planet!” – Charles Dicken
11) “Paris was a universe entire and full unto herself, hollowed and normal by historical past.” – Anne Rice
12) “France is sort of a maddening, moody lover who conjures up emotional highs and lows. One minute it fills you with a rush of ardour, the following you’re filled with fury, itching to smack the mouth of some sneering shopkeeper or smug civil servant. Sure, it’s a love-hate relationship.” – Sarah Turnbull
13) “Paris is the one metropolis on the planet the place ravenous to loss of life continues to be thought of an artwork.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Quick Quotes About France
Quick, candy and oh so stylish – these brief quotes about France say a lot in regards to the lovely nation with out saying a lot in any respect.
14) “Whoever doesn’t go to Paris often won’t ever actually be elegant.” – Honoré de Balzac
15) “To know Paris is to know an excellent deal.” – Henry Miller
16) “France is probably the most civilized nation on the planet and doesn’t care who is aware of it.” – John Gunther
17) “America is my nation and Paris is my hometown.” – Gertrude Stein
18) “Paris is the best temple ever constructed to materials joys and the lust of the eyes.” – Henry James
19) “France has the one two issues in the direction of which we drift as we get older – intelligence and manners.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
20) “The French air cleans up the mind and does good – a world of fine.” – Vincent Van Gogh
21) “As an artist, a person has no residence in Europe save in Paris.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
22) “Each man has two nations: his personal and France.” – John F. Kennedy
23) “Paris is just not a metropolis, it’s a world.” – King Francois I
24) “In France, historical past is paralyzing.” – Jean Paul Gaultier
25) “However of Paris it may be mentioned that the correct financial institution of the Seine belongs to the world, and the left financial institution to France.” – Mary Butts
26) “They’ve a really low price for tried homicide and a excessive price for efficiently concluded homicide. Evidently when a French individual units out to kill somebody, they make job of it.” – Nick Yapp
27) “France has a transparent and outlined coverage… The French know what they need.” – Anton Chekov
28) “It isn’t what France gave you however what it didn’t take from you that was vital.” – Gertrude Stein
29) “When good Individuals die, they go to Paris.” – Oscar Wilde
Humorous Quotes About France
Essentially the most hilarious minds on the planet have offered quite a lot of humorous quotes about France – as have those that didn’t imply to be deliberately humorous. These humorous France quotes poke enjoyable on the nation in the very best means.
30) “You must positively go to the Louvre, a world-famous artwork museum the place you’ll be able to view, at shut vary, the backs of hundreds of different vacationers making an attempt to see the Mona Lisa.” – Dave Barry
31) “How will you govern a rustic which has 246 types of cheese?” – Charles de Gaulle
32) “It’s true that the French have a sure obsession with intercourse, however it’s a very grownup obsession. France is the thriftiest of all nations; to a Frenchman intercourse supplies probably the most economical option to have enjoyable. The French are a logical race.” – Anita Loos
33) “Yearly there’s a jury on the Cannes Movie Pageant. Getting on the jury could be very aggressive in France. Not as a result of the French love cinema, however as a result of they love to guage.” – Craig Ferguson
34) “I like Frenchmen very a lot, as a result of even once they insult you they do it so properly.” – Josephine Baker
35) “In Paris they merely stared after I spoke to them in French; I by no means did reach making these idiots perceive their language.” – Mark Twain
36) “Boy, these French. They’ve a unique phrase for every part.” – Steve Martin
37) “France is the one nation the place the cash falls aside and you’ll’t tear the bathroom paper.” – Billy Wilder
Superstar Quotes About France
Paris has served up inspiration for well-known faces for generations, and the fashionable nation has influenced a lot creativity and artwork. These are the perfect movie star quotes about France.
38) “You have been by no means instructed that Saint-Tropez is paradise?” – Karl Lagerfeld
39) “France, and the entire of Europe have an excellent tradition and a tremendous historical past. Most vital factor although is that individuals there know tips on how to dwell! In America they’ve forgotten all about it. I’m afraid that the American tradition is a catastrophe.” – Johnny Depp
40) “Paris is a spot the place, for me, simply strolling down a road that I’ve by no means been down earlier than is like going to a film or one thing. Simply wandering town is leisure.” – Wes Anderson
41) “I needed to play piano in eating places within the south of France. I went there on vacation as soon as and I noticed this man enjoying in an outdated tuxedo. He was all matted, with a whisky glass on the piano. I believed that was the best factor. So what’s occurred to me with ‘Twilight’ isn’t actually what I’d deliberate.” – Robert Pattinson
42) “For those who love meals and you like purple wine they usually put you in France, you’re in place and also you’re in a nasty place on the identical time. It’s important to weigh your self daily, and it’s important to have an alarm quantity. If you get to that quantity, it’s important to begin placing it in reverse.” – Salma Hayek
43) “There’s one thing in regards to the air and the sky and the ambiance within the South of France that should be very conducive to work, to being inventive, as a result of I’ve written a number of of my books there. I discover it a lot simpler since you’re lower off. For those who don’t need to communicate to anyone, principally they don’t know the place you’re. And it’s so lovely.” – Joan Collins
44) “I like France. It’s acquired the solar down on the backside, the Alps for snowboarding, and all that wine and meals.” – Paul Hollywood
Inspirational Quotes About France
Wandering the cities of France is likely one of the most inspirational issues you are able to do as a traveler, and these inspiring quotes about France clarify precisely why.
45) “Folks surprise why so many writers come to dwell in Paris. I’ve been dwelling ten years in Paris and the reply appears easy to me: as a result of it’s the perfect place to choose concepts. Similar to Italy, Spain.. or Iran are the perfect locations to choose saffron. If you wish to choose opium poppies you go to Burma or South-East Asia. And if you wish to choose novel concepts, you go to Paris.” – Roman Payne
46) “It’s true, you always remember your old flame, and, for me, that may all the time be Paris.” – Caitriona Belfe
47) “The French imagine that children really feel assured once they’re capable of do issues for themselves, and do these issues nicely. After kids have discovered to speak, adults don’t reward them for saying simply something. They reward them for saying fascinating issues, and for talking nicely.” – Pamela Druckerman
48) “I’d like to be a tabletop in Paris, the place meals is artwork and life mixed in a single, the place individuals collect and discuss for hours. I would like lovers to fulfill over me. I’d need to be lined in drops of candle wax and breadcrumbs and rings from the underside of wine glasses. I might by no means be lonely, and I might all the time serve function.” – Maureen Johnson
49) “Paris… is a world meant for the walker alone, for under the tempo of strolling can absorb all of the wealthy (if muted) element.” – Edmund White
50) “You stumble, and also you soar. And, in case you’re fortunate, you make it to Paris for some time.” – Amy Howard
51) “A stroll about Paris will present classes in historical past, magnificence, and within the level of life.” – Thomas Jefferson
52) “There’s an environment of religious effort right here. No different metropolis is sort of prefer it. I wake early, usually at 5 o’clock, and begin writing without delay.” – James Joyce
53) “We have now the form of lovely older girl right here in Paris. Folks like Loulou de la Falaise and Betty Catroux, all these lovely wanting ladies over 60… So there may be tradition right here in France that even if you’re older, you’ll be able to keep lovely.” – Carine Roitfeld
54) “Paris is the one metropolis the place you’ll be able to step out of a railway station —and see, the Seine with its bridges and bookstalls, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Tuileries Gardens, the Place de la Concorde, the start of the Champs Elysees—what different metropolis affords as a lot as you permit a practice?“ – Margaret Anderson
55) “I had forgotten how gently time passes in Paris. As energetic as town is, there’s a stillness to it, a peace that lures in you. In Paris, with a glass of wine in your hand, you’ll be able to simply be.” – Kristin Hannah
France Instagram Captions & Quotes
Trying to find the right France Instagram caption to accompany that lovely shot of an excellent Parisian landmarks or simply the vibe of France as an entire? That is the perfect assortment of France Instagram captions and quotes.
56) “Paris, je t’aime.”
57) “Breathe Paris in, it nourishes the soul.” – Victor Hugo
58) “Paris, Eiffel in love with you the second I noticed you.”
59) “I’m in love with the Metropolis of Love.”
60) “Pardon my French.”
61) “Paris, I Lourve you.”
62) “Feelin’ France-y.”
63) “To brie or to not brie, that’s the query.”
64) “And now for one thing a oui bit completely different.”
65) “La vie est belle” (life is gorgeous)
66) “Paris is asking and I need to go.”
67) “Isn’t it good in Good?”
TV & Film Quotes About France
Many tv reveals and films have both used France as inspiration for his or her scripts, or have jetted to the European nation to movie in its beautiful main cities and small cities. These are the perfect TV and film quotes about France.
68) “That Paris exists and anybody may select to dwell anyplace else on the planet will all the time be a thriller to me.” – Midnight in Paris
69) “We’ll all the time have Paris” – Casablanca
70) “For those who’re going to be unhappy, you may as nicely be unhappy in Paris.” – Gossip Woman
71) “Sitting there, alone out of the country, removed from my job and everybody I do know, a sense came visiting me. It was like remembering one thing I’d by no means recognized earlier than or had all the time been ready for, however I didn’t know what. Perhaps it was one thing I’d forgotten or one thing I’ve been lacking all my life. All I can say is that I felt, on the identical time, pleasure and disappointment. However not an excessive amount of disappointment, as a result of I felt alive. Sure, alive. That was the second I fell in love with Paris. And I felt Paris fall in love with me.” – Paris, I Love You
72) “Lise: Paris has methods of constructing individuals overlook. Jerry: Paris? No, not this metropolis. It’s too actual and too lovely. It by no means permits you to overlook something. It reaches in and opens you huge, and also you keep that means.” – An American In Paris
73) “Paris is all the time a good suggestion.” – Audrey Hepburn, Sabrina
74) “As soon as upon a time, there was a quiet little village within the French countryside, whose individuals believed in Tranquilité – Tranquility. For those who lived on this village, you understood what was anticipated of you. You knew your home within the scheme of issues. And in case you occurred to overlook, somebody would assist remind you. On this village, in case you noticed one thing you weren’t speculated to see, you discovered to look the opposite means. If perchance your hopes had been dissatisfied, you discovered by no means to ask for extra. So via good occasions and unhealthy, famine and feast, the villagers held quick to their traditions. Till, one winter day, a sly wind blew in from the North…” – Chocolat
75) “I don’t know what they taught you in France, however impolite and fascinating aren’t the identical issues.” – French Kiss
76) “I by no means understood why everybody was so loopy about Paris, however now… It’s. So. Stunning.” – The Satan Wears Prada
77) “Because the French say, that sure “I don’t know what.” – Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
78) “The French are glad to die for love. They enjoyment of preventing duels. However I choose a person who lives… and offers costly jewels.” – Moulin Rouge
79) “Individuals need beauties, not me. I’m not the Parisian bombshell they anticipated. Are you able to see me as a refrain woman? The place’s my feather up the ass? They suppose I’m unhappy, they’re dumb. I don’t hook up with them.” – La Vie En Rose
80) “This isn’t Paris. That is hell.” – 2 Days In Paris
81) “To be with one other girl, that’s French. To be caught, that’s American.” – Soiled Rotten Scoundrels
82) “I do know higher than to argue romance with a French girl.” – Large Fish
83) “I heard this story as soon as about when the Germans have been occupying Paris they usually needed to retreat again. They wired Notre Dame to blow, however they needed to go away one man answerable for hitting the swap. And the man, the soldier, he couldn’t do it. You recognize, he simply sat there, knocked out by how lovely the place was. After which when the allied troops got here in, they discovered all of the explosives simply mendacity there and the swap unturned, they usually discovered the identical factor at Sacre Coeur, Eiffel Tower. Couple different locations I believe…” – Earlier than Sundown
Tune Lyrics About France
From trendy artists like Jay Z to classic superstars like Ella Fitzgerald, France has served as inspiration for some severely memorable tunes. These tune lyrics about France pay homage to this unbelievable nation via tune.
84) “Let’s go to Paris/Take me there and by no means look again” – Lana Del Rey, Paris
85) “I used to be misplaced in France / Within the fields the birds have been singing / I used to be misplaced in France / And the day was simply starting / As I stood there within the morning.” – Bonnie Tyler, Misplaced In France
86) “For those who escaped what I’ve escaped / You’d be in Paris getting fucked up too / Let’s get pale, Le Meurice for like 5 days.” – Jay Z & Kanye West, Niggas In Paris
87) “The left financial institution is crying / For shade to crown it / Just like the roof of a palace / We’ll drink within the amber / After I get to Paris.” – Elton John, Paris
88) “Effectively in case you’ve been to cities however you’ve had sufficient / Have you ever been to Paris, France? / And in case you doubt that Paris was made for love / Give Paris yet one more likelihood.” – Jonathan Richman, Give Paris One Extra Likelihood
89) “I like Paris within the springtime / I like Paris within the fall / I like Paris within the winter when it drizzles / I like Paris in the summertime when it sizzles.” Ella Fitzgerald, I Love Paris
90) “The echo of footsteps on a cobbled road / Dim alleyways the place the shadows meet / Down the avenue lined with bushes / Paris bells ring on the breezn / Paris bells ring on the breeze.” – Marianne Devoted, Paris Bells
91) “Voulez-vous couchez avec moi? Ce soir?” – Woman Marmalade
Did I miss any of the perfect quotes about France off my record?
There are such a lot of implausible quotes about France, if I listed all of them you’d be studying without end! Nonetheless, if I’ve missed out on a severely nice quote about France that you simply suppose deserves to be on my record, be at liberty to succeed in out to me by way of electronic mail or social media and I’ll see if I can add it onto the record!
Planning a visit to France?
They are saying Paris is all the time a good suggestion, however I believe that France generally is all the time a good suggestion! I’ve a bunch of France guides, lists and itineraries on my website, and I’ve linked them under for you so be sure you test them out. I’m positive they are going to encourage you to e-book your individual ticket to France.
- 10 Superior Issues To Do In Paris, France
- The Final 4 Days in Paris Itinerary & Journey Information
- The 20 Finest Paris Accommodations with Eiffel Tower View
- 70+ Fascinating & Enjoyable Information About Paris That’ll Blow Your Thoughts
- 2 Days in Paris Itinerary | The Finest Option to Discover Paris in 48 Hours
- Prime 19 Music Festivals in Paris That’ll Preserve You Dancing All Summer season Lengthy
Thanks for studying my record of the perfect France quotes.
Share these French Quotes together with your Euro crew!